BLOG: Integrand Analytics – Lease Administration
Fundamentals of Commercial Real Estate Lease
We are happy to start our exclusive blog for Lease Administration. On bi-monthly basis we will share the fundamentals of Commercial Real Estate and Lease Abstraction concepts.
This blog will provide insights of Lease Administration and fundamentals of Commercial Real Estate.
- Parties to Lease - Defines the parties to lease such as Landlord (Lessor), Tenant (Lessee), Brokers, Guarantors, Assignor, Assignee, Sublessor, Sublessee.
- Term, Dates and Documents - Defines the terms of the lease dates, lease terms and lease documents.
- Space Details - Defines the space details with measurements.
- Base Rent - Defines the Base Rent and different methods of Base Rent increase calculations.
- Percentage Rent - Defines the Percentage Rent calculations.
2nd Lease Blog updated
Fundamentals of Commercial Real Estate Lease - 2nd Part
This part of our blog will focus on lease concepts related with Additional Rent and lease options.
- Additional Rent - Other than Base Rent, any financial obligation of tenant payable to the landlord. Additional Rent shall include expense recoveries, utilities, percentage rent, CPI adjustments, late fees and other rents.
- Lease Options - In Commercial Leases, Either Tenant as well as Landlord has the right to exercise the Options specified in the Lease.
3rd Lease Blog updated
Fundamentals of Commercial Real Estate Lease - 3rd Part
This part of our blog will focus on lease concepts related with Clauses and Lease Concepts.
- Legal Clauses - Defines the different types of clauses
- Other Lease Concepts - Defines the other common lease concepts
CAM Reconciliation Process & related concepts
This part of our blog will focus on lease concepts related with CAM Reconciliation.
Before we start with the CAM Reconciliation, first of all we need to understand the types of leases and CAM Charges.